Let us help you reinstate your Illinois suspended license
Call 815-242-2000 to discuss your options
Andreano Law is a Illinois traffic and speeding ticket law firm with proven success in courts across the state of Illinois, including a suspended license.
We do all the work and appear on your behalf. Whenever possible. It’s that simple.
Illinois Suspended License Ticket Information
REASONS FOR DRIVER’S LICENSE SUSPENSIONS
There are a variety of reasons why your Illinois driver’s license might be suspended. Some of these are related to specific driving violations, while others may be due to violation of other State laws. Following are some of the most common reasons for an Illinois driver’s license to be suspended or revoked.
• Toll way Violations/Evasions – Your license can also be suspended if you do not pay fines for five or more toll way violations or evasions. Check here for more information on this kind of suspension.
• Excessive Moving Violations. The state of Illinois operates on a point system, in which drivers accumulate points on their license for every moving violation they commit. If you accumulate points for more than three violations in a 12 month period on your current driver record, your license will be suspended.
• Non-Driving Reasons for License Suspension. A variety of non-driving violations or issues can result in your license being suspended. These include: not responding to a Driver Services Department notice or not appearing in court; failing to pay traffic tickets, fines or surcharges. In addition to this, in certain cases, the right to apply for a driver’s license or instruction permit can be withheld from a person under 18 years of age, either for six months or until the 18th birthday.
• Failure to pay Child Support – Your license can be suspended under the Family Financial Responsibility Law if you default on your court imposed child support payments. For more information on this, check the Deadbeats Don’t Drive Program.
• Driving Under the Influence. Your Illinois driver’s license will be suspended if you are found guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The length of the suspension depends on the severity of the violation and whether it is a first or repeat offense. A minimum revocation period of 12 months will be given to you.
• Driving with a Suspended License or no License. Driving with a suspended license will lead to an increase in the length of the suspension, and you may also be imprisoned for up to five years. The duration of the additional suspension varies depending on the reason for the underlying suspension. Your driver’s license may also be suspended if you do not have your license with you while you are driving.
• Other Driving-Related Violations. Your Illinois driver’s license may also be suspended if you engage in reckless driving, are found to be at fault in a fatal accident, or if you abandon your vehicle on a public highway.
• Physical or Psychological Disqualification. The Driver Services Department can order a re-examination of any person who may not be fit to drive. An individual’s driving privileges may be suspended if the re-examination finds they are physically or psychologically unable to drive safely.
• Driving without Insurance. All motor vehicles driven in Illinois must be properly insured. Failure to provide proof of valid auto insurance can result in your license being suspended.
• Parking Suspensions – These suspensions are issued against drivers who have 10 or more parking violations and these have not been dealt with. Once again a fee will be needed to reinstate the license.
• Automated Traffic Violation Suspension- This suspension comes into effect when you have failed to pay a fine or have five or more automated traffic violations.
I cannot thank Frank enough for taking on this matter at the last minute and bringing it to a successful conclusion
My son was involved in a car accident shortly before he was leaving for Florida to start a new job. The court date was scheduled when he was in Florida and was unable to return for the court appearance. Frank Andreano handled the entire matter for him and was able to get him court supervision without a need to appear in court or attend driving school. I cannot thank Frank enough for taking on this matter at the last minute and bringing it to a successful conclusion. I would definitely use Frank again if the need were to arise.
- Samuel Smolkovich
Thank you for being my advocate and for representing me
My dad lives in Michigan (Gorgees). And he had a weight station violation Andreano Law solve it like it was nothing and and got me some money back from them. Thank you for being my advocate and for representing me. Thank you for being my advocate and for representing my dad. I could not be more pleased about working with you, and the wonderful job you did.
Frank was very patient and informative with dealing with my traffic ticket
I want to thank Frank and Andreano Law for their services. Frank was very patient and informative with dealing with my traffic ticket. I was in and out of court in 30mins or less. I appreciate the help provided by you and your team. I would highly recommend Frank and Andreano Law to my friends and families. Thank you
- Jesse Contreras
This guy knows his work and well connected with people
I want to thank Frank and his staff for all there help he is a excellent lawyer he got my case down to a petty.This guy knows his work and well connected with people I thank you a lot Frank.
- Eddie Ware